Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi
Saadiyat Island ( meaning “Island of Happiness”) is a large, low lying island 500 metres (1,600 ft) off the coast of Abu Dhabi island in the UAE, and is currently under development, expected to be completed in 2018. In 2004, the Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTA) commissioned the Tourism Development & Investment Company (TDIC) to make Saadiyat Island a world-class leisure, residential, business, and tourist center of global proportions, all the while maintaining an environmentally sensitive philosophy. Saadiyat is a multi-faceted island offering a great variety of attractions to many different people. Saadiyat will eventually be home to an estimated 145,000 residents with a full complement of leisure and tourism facilities, as well as civic and cultural institutions. With seven distinct districts. Saadiyat Cultural District, Saadiyat Beach, Saadiyat Retreat, Saadiyat Reserve, Saadiyat Marina, Saadiyat Promenade, and Saadiyat Lagoons; it is a thriving business hub for international commerce, a relaxed waterfront home for residents, a cultural magnet for arts aficionados, a home for dazzling architectural icons, a pristine beachfront tourism destination, and a focal point for compelling sporting experiences. With major institutions designed by some of the world’s most renowned architects; Frank Gehry, Jean Nouvel, Norman Foster, Tadao Ando, and Zaha Hadid.
Its iconic institutions will be housed in buildings constituting a statement of the finest architecture at the beginning of the 21st century. This unique place will offer an entirely unique invitation to the discerning traveler. The island is infused with a richness that serves its visitors and residents cultural, social, emotional and environmental rewards. Indeed Saadiyat is positioned to become an international destination of desire, a flagship for Abu Dhabi, a treasure for the world.
The island’s purpose built visitor centre – “Manarat Al Saadiyat” (which translates from Arabic as ‘a place of enlightenment’), brings the Saadiyat’s vision to life. Saadiyat will be an irresistible magnet attracting the world to Abu Dhabi – and taking Abu Dhabi to the world.
Saadiyat holds something for every visitor and resident: a unique range of hospitality and leisure offerings including luxury resorts and world class sports facilities ensure that it is set to become the Gulfs ultimate tourism destination. Leisure services include an outdoor swimming pool, a workout room with fitness and wellness programmes, spa facilities, sauna and steam rooms, kids’ pool and playing areas, and private cabanas and loungers set on the stunning, white beach.
Saadiyat Beach will host nine five star highly landscaped resorts noted for their tranquil sanctuary designs and ambience. Some of the worlds most prestigious and well respected hotel brands such as St Regis, Park Hyatt and Rotana will be located on this stunning stretch of beach front. Resort developers follow strict development guidelines which will ensure protection of the natural dune environment between the hotels and the beach. A secluded yet dynamic part of the island will be the beachfront development which is the heart of Saadiyat’s family destination resort offering. Saadiyat Promenade will be a place for people to live, for businesses to invest, for visitors to enjoy, culture to celebrate and nature to thrive.
Attractions in Abu Dhabi: On Saadiyat Island:
- 9 kilometre Pristine White Beach.
- Saadiyat Beach Golf Course designed by legendary Gary Player.
- Manarat Al Saadiyat, Art & Exhibition center.
- Zayed National Museum (to open in 2016).
- Louvre Abu Dhabi (to open in 2015) .
- Guggenheim Abu Dhabi (to open in 2017).
- Retail & Commercial environment ( to open 2012).
- Luxury Residential.
Distances to some important Landmarks:
- 10 minutes to Downtown Abu Dhabi.
- 10 Min Drive to Ferrari Theme Park.
- 10 Min Drive to Yas Marina Formula One circuit.
- 15 Min Drive to Abu Dhabi Business District.
- 20 Min Drive to Abu Dhabi International Airport.
- 90 minutes drive to Dubai International Airport.
- Abu Dhabi has a sunny climate with fresh sea breezes; temperatures range from 15° C to 25° C in winter and from 30° C to 40° C in summer.
- Language: Arabic, Currency: Dirham (AED).
- Visas are required for visitors from some countries; local Embassies and Consulates should be consulted for detailed information.