The Dolder Grand, Zurich – Switzerland
- Address: Kurhausstrasse 65, Zurich 8032, Switzerland.
- Phone: +61 2.8011.3306.
- Room & Suites: 173.
- Setting: City.
- Style: Classic, Grand, Modern, Hotel.
- Nightly Room Rates Per Night & Per Person: AUD $546.
The Dolder Grand is located just outside Zurich, Switzerland’s largest city, and is 25 minutes from the Zürich Airport. Zurich is Switzerland’s main commercial and cultural center, and is widely considered to be one of the world’s most livable cities.
The Dolder Grand (formerly known as Grand Hotel Dolder) is a 5 star superior hotel in Zürich. Built in 1899, the hotel is located on Adlisberg hill. The Dolder Grand is the perfect environment for people who are looking for pleasure, exclusivity and relaxation: 173 luxurious rooms and suites, exquisite cuisine, a spa covering 4,000 square metres, generous banqueting and seminar facilities and a remarkable art collection.
The interiors in the Main Building create a sense of history through their eclectic and subtle combinations. All rooms here are equipped with luxurious white-marble bathrooms with separate bath and shower areas. Each room is outfitted with a sophisticated balance of classic European elegance and innovative modern design. Ambient lighting and plush fabrics in subdued lilac create a mellow ambience, while flourishes of regal patterns in dramatic hues like crimson and ochre offer an aristocratic feel. Rooms have a safe, a DVD player and cable satellite channels. Each includes a telephone, a mini bar and an iron. For extra comfort bathrobes and slippers are also included.
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available.
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary).
- DVD player.
- Pay movies.
- CD player.
- Handheld showerhead.
- Makeup/shaving mirror.
- In-room massage available.
- Electronic/magnetic keys.
- 100% non-smoking hotel.
- 24 hour concierge.
- 24 hour gym.
- 24 hour room service.
- Beauty salon.
- Business center.
- Central air conditioning.
- Free wi-fi.
- Indoor swimming pool.
- Outdoor Swimming Pool (seasonal).
- Pet Friendly.
- Self service parking (charges apply).
- Shopping area nearby.
- Spa treatments (on request).
- Steam rooms.
- Valet parking (charges apply).
The Dolder Grand’s showcase piece, the Ballroom, opens up new dimensions in luxury and offers first-class acoustics with a spectacular cupola roof. For guests wishing to enjoy the fresh air. The multipurpose design and the wide glazed facade of the Gallery make it particularly ideal for exhibitions and large-scale events. Garden Salons, Breakout Rooms and Libraries complete the facilities available for seminars and banquets.
There are more than enough dining and drinking options to make a stay at the Dolder as self-contained as you want it to be. “The Restaurant” and savor the fabulous creations conjured up by our chefs in exquisite surroundings. For small parties, the private dining room can be offered. “The Garden Restaurant”, open all day, offers light European cuisine and modern Swiss interpretations. During the summer, dine outdoors in the adjacent terrace while enjoying unrestrictive views of Zurich, the lake and the Alps. 24-hour room service is available.
- Body treatments.
- Facial treatments.
- Minimum age to access spa is 12.
- Pets allowed.
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM. Minimum check-in age is 18.
- Check-out time is noon.
- Early departure fee charged.
- Parking height restrictions apply.
- Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- Valet parking is offered at the hotel. There is an airport shuttle that runs from the hotel.
- Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.