Six Senses Laamu Maldives
- Address: L. Olhuveli, Laamu Atoll, Maldives Islands, Maldives.
- Phone # 1860 500 2121.
- Hotel Area: Laamu .
- Number of Rooms: 97.
Six Senses Laamu is a luxurious 5-star hotel located 17.9km (11.2mi) from the centre of Olhuveli. It takes approximately 40 minutes by domestic flight to reach the nearby Kadhdhoo Airport, followed by a 15 minute boat ride to the white sandy beaches of Olhuveli Island. The island is of outstanding natural beauty, powder white sand, lush tropical vegetation and crystal clear waters.
Six Senses Laamu is designed to offer individual style along with a strong sense of community. The result is an eco-friendly, yet luxurious guest experience, blending natural and diverse design personalities with the island’s lush vegetation. At Six Senses Laamu recreational amenities include a private beach and a waterslide. The stunning villa accommodations are both eco-friendly and luxurious with breathtaking water views. Six Senses Laamu’s innovative restaurants, bars and leisure activities blend relaxation with outstanding food and beverage concepts, whether in the lush jungle, on the tropical beach or above the turquoise water. The Six Senses Laamu experience is exemplified by personal butler service from arrival to departure. Highly skilled Six Senses Spa therapists use fresh natural products to provide a comprehensive range of award-winning signature treatments plus rejuvenation specialties of the region. At night, Six Senses Laamu really starts to rock. The Chill bar is built over the water, with a world class cocktail list, the wine ‘cellar’, Altitude, is a tower of spun glass, rising high out of the sea, and a choice of restaurants offers world class food and wine, with many ingredients grown in the resort’s organic garden or locally sourced. The following Internet options are available at the hotel: high-speed wireless access is complimentary; dial-up access, high-speed wired access are offered for a surcharge.
Six Senses Amenities:
- On private beach.
- Massage – spa treatment room(s).
- Steam room.
- Room service (limited hours).
- Shopping on site.
- Airport transportation (surcharge).
- Video library.
- Free breakfast.
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge).
- Beach umbrellas.
- Beach sun loungers (chaise longues).
- Beach towels.
- Snack bar/deli.
- 24-hour business center.
- 24-hour front desk.
- Beauty services.
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby.
- Currency exchange.
- Dry cleaning/laundry service.
- Express check-in.
- Express check-out.
- Floor butler.
- Supervised childcare/activities.
- Wedding services.
- Media library.
Six Senses Laamu Maldives consists of 97 luxurious Beach Villas, Water Villas and Water Villa Suites, elegantly designed to provide an unparalleled level of privacy, comfort and luxury. Villas are elegantly designed with a focus on natural materials creating a soft yet stylish retreat for guests. Guestrooms open to balconies with ocean or garden views and feature beds with pillowtop mattresses. Other amenities include LCD televisions with satellite channels and private pools. A turndown service is available nightly, housekeeping is offered daily, and guests may request irons/ironing boards.
- Ocean Water Villa.
- Lagoon Water Villa.
- Ocean Beach Villa.
- Lagoon Beach Villa.
- All villas boast full sea view.
- King/twin sized bed.
- Hypo-allergenic pillows on request.
- Outdoor bathroom and rain shower.
- Lighted make-up/shaving mirror.
- Wifi Internet Access.
- iPods and Docking Stations.
- 37 inch Flat screen TV with satellite channels.
- Bose entertainment system.
- Personal bar and fresh beverage facilities.
- Tea/coffee maker.
- Direct-dial phone.
- Complimentary bottled water.
- Daily housekeeping.
- Turn down service.
- Private bathroom.
Sea breezes drift among the rustic woods under high palm roofs at Laamu’s six bars and restaurants, most set over water. With an emphasis on simply great food combined with innovative and distinctive dining experiences, you won’t be disappointed at Six Senses Lamu. Unique and creative restaurants are located predominantly over water providing panoramic views of the lush islands of the Laamu. In addition to premium views of spectacular sunrises and sunsets.
Leaf: Its Laamu’s signature restaurant, perched to appreciate the organic aromas and oceanic panorama. uropean chefs work closely with Maldivian fishermen and farmers to source local ingredients picked or caught just hours before creative transformation into inventive Mediterranean dishes like tomato gazpacho with cucumber jelly and seared rainbow runner with parmesan gnocchi, piquillos and provençal sauce.
Ice & Chocolate Studio: An al fresco ice cream parlour with forty plus ever-changing flavours on a tropical isle might encourage some to stick with sorbet. Enter the chilled Chocolate Studio where the pastry chef infuses chocolate truffles with cinnamon, green tea, lavender and mint mojito.
Zen: Zen offers a modern twist on a traditional Kaiseki menu, including the finest sushi and sashimi. Zen creates the freshest Nippon dishes in the Maldives. To compliment your dinner, the chefs offer a first-class selection of Japanese sakes and teas.
Six Senses Spa: (Number of Treatment Rooms = 9).
Six Senses Spa offers five secluded treatment rooms plus two single and two double treatments Nests within the island’s natural vegetation. Highly skilled Six Senses Spa therapists use fresh natural products to provide a comprehensive range of award-winning signature treatments plus rejuvenation specialties of the region. Visiting practitioners offer guests lifestyle consultations and specialised holistic treatments including reflexology, acupressure, reiki and shiatsu. Outdoor experience showers, a sea facing fitness centre with upstairs yoga and meditation pavilion, fresh juice bar and our spa shop stocked with Six Senses Spa products good to go.
- Ayurvedic treatments.
- Spa tub in spa.
- Spa café.
- Spa boutique.
- Massages on beach.
- Manicures and pedicures.
- Body wraps.
- Body scrubs.
- Aromatherapy treatments.
- Ocean view from spa.
- Body treatments.
- Facial treatments.
A private beach and a health club are featured at the hotel. In addition to an outdoor pool, other recreational amenities include a waterslide, a sauna, a steam room, and a fitness facility. The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply. For those seeking adrenaline packed days, the resort has plenty of activities on offer to keep you entertained:
- Dive school offering snorkeling and diving excursions and certification courses.
- Water sports center offering a wide ranging selection of activities including windsurfing, canoeing, catamaran sailing, wake boarding and water skiing.
- Private speed boat excursions to nearby surf points.
- Local islands excursions by private boat including sunrise breakfasts and sunset dinners.
- Private picnics and barbecues on remote islands for ultimate privacy.
- Check-in time starts at 2 PM.
- Check-out time is noon.
- Early departure fee charged.
- No pets or service animals allowed.
- High-speed Internet is available at this hotel. Wireless internet on site.
- Parking is available. There is an airport shuttle that runs from the hotel.
- Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.