Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok
- Address: 48 Oriental Avenue, Bangkok, , 10500 Thailand.
- Phone # +66 (2) 659 9000.
- Hotel Area: Bangkok Riverside.
- Rooms: 393.
- Floors: 16.
Mandarin Oriental Bangkok the most luxurious hotel in Bangkok situated on beautifully bank of Chao Phraya River. Opened in 1876, this 16-story, riverside hotel is within three km (two miles) of the Silom shopping district, the Patpong night market, the Wat Pho temple, and the Royal Palace. The Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok is within a 10 minute walk from State Tower, while River City Shopping Complex can be reached in less than 20 minutes. Jim Thompson House and The Old Siam Plaza are around a 20-minute drive from the hotel.
- Oriental Pier (350 m).
- Robinson Department Store (800 m).
- Saphan Taksin BTS (Skytrain) Station (1 km).
The hotel contains 358 rooms and 35 unique suites. All rooms at the Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok are air conditioned and provide cable / satellite channels, a safe and a TV. The rooms at the hotel are equipped with full-length windows offering stunning city, mountain and pool views. Also included are a mini bar, complimentary toiletries and a DVD player. All of the 393 fresh rooms are assigned with personal butlers. Visitors should not miss high-tea in the Author’s Wing, a meal at one of the eight famous restaurants, taking a class in Thai cooking/culture, or watching the sunset from the Veranda. In this legendary 1887 hotel and modern tower, many of the 393 rooms now have floor-to-ceiling windows, with spectacular views of the busy Chao Phraya River. Book on of the split-level Garden Wing Rooms, for traditional sophistication or Authors’ Suites, for opulent Thai style. The hotel has rich literary history; Joseph Conrad, Graham Greene, Noël Coward, James Michener all stayed at the Oriental.
- Superior Room : Twin or king-sized beds – Relax and take in the partial river view in the elegant surroundings of teak wood and traditional Thai silks. Thailand’s signature fabric is everywhere adding to the sense of luxury. Fresh fruit and flowers refreshed daily. A personal butler is at your service.
- Deluxe Room: Located on higher floors, our Deluxe Rooms offer full river views and sumptuous comfort. The elegant décor features traditional Thai elements such as genuine teak furniture, beautiful silks, and a daily delivery of fresh exotic fruits and flowers. Guests will also enjoy enhanced bathroom amenities, with a personal butler at your service.
- Premier Room: Elements of the hotel’s long and illustrious heritage are still to be seen in these colonial-style rooms, which feature vintage chandeliers, evocative artwork and parquet flooring, all complemented by ottomans and comfortable sofas, in a mix that is satisfyingly eclectic. The floor plan changes from room to room; some are split-level, with a bedroom above and seating area below. All Premier Rooms enjoy full river views, and some feature a private conservatory.
- Pay movies.
- CD player.
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available.
- Complimentary newspaper.
- Air conditioning.
- Multi-line phone.
- Voice mail.
- Complimentary bottled water.
- Remote lighting/drapery/curtain control.
- Wake-up calls.
- Daily housekeeping.
- Turndown service.
- Bathroom phone.
- Complimentary toiletries.
- Hair dryer.
- Extra towels/bedding in room.
- Sewing kit.
- Electronic/magnetic keys.
- Iron/ironing board.
- In-room safe.
- Welcome amenities.
- Clock radio.
- Rollaway/extra beds available.
- Cribs/infant beds available.
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge).
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge).
China House, one of the hotel’s nine restaurants. The hotel also has a garden pool and a spa located across the water and reachable by ferry. Guests can attend a cooking school or troll the lobby for celebrity sightings. Wander into the Bamboo Bar for perfectly mixed cocktails like the Singapore Sling. The hotel’s on-site restaurant is open for lunch and dinner.
- Riverside Terrace: Located on a terrace overlooking the river, this restaurant serves Western and Asian cuisine, as well as dinner buffets featuring a wide selection of barbecue dishes. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- The Verandah: Indoor and outdoor seating is available in this casual riverside restaurant, with international and Thai a la carte dishes, cakes, and pastries. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Lord Jim’s: Named after Joseph Conrad’s novel, this seafood restaurant overlooking the river has a 40-foot aquarium, circular glass walls, shell-shaped lamps, and chandeliers. Open for lunch and dinner.
- Le Normandie: This French restaurant offers a set menu or à la carte dishes with a backdrop of river views, walls and ceilings draped in gold Thai silks, and a crystal chandelier. Ties and jackets are required for dinner. Open for weekday lunch and nightly dinner.
- Sala Rim Naam: Located across the river from the main hotel, with complimentary shuttle-boat service, this authentic Thai restaurant is housed in a traditional pavilion with teak panels and black ceiling lanterns. Thai buffet lunches and à la carte dinners are served indoors or on a patio, accompanied by classical dance and music. Open for lunch and dinner.
- The Author’s Lounge: Located in the historic original wing of the hotel, with whitewashed rattan furniture, hand-painted upholstery, palm trees, and a classical guitarist. Serving spa cuisine, as well as afternoon tea, freshly baked scones, homemade jams, and pastries. Open from mid-morning until late evening.
- China House: This Chinese restaurant is located just outside the hotel in a restored colonial-style house with timbered walls and ceilings and works by modern Chinese artists. Specializing in Cantonese cuisine and dishes from Szechuan, Shanghai, and Chiu Chow. Open for daily dim sum and à la carte lunch, as well as à la carte dinner.
- Ciao: Wood-fired pizzas, pasta dishes, salads, and ice cream are served under the stars on a marble terrace overlooking the river and surrounded by tropical plants. Open evenings from October to March.
- The Bamboo Bar: Tiger-striped chairs, ceiling fans, teak shutters, and foliage create a jungle ambience in this colonial-style bar. Live jazz is played most evenings. Open from mid-morning until late night.
Guests of the Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok can relax in the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi or schedule a massage treatment. Also available on site are conference room(s), an outdoor pool and a beauty centre. The hotel’s on-site restaurant is open for lunch and dinner. The new spa is known as one of the best in the world and the facilities have been updated to include: a large gym, tennis, squash, and two outdoor swimming pools. All of the 393 fresh rooms are assigned with personal butlers. Visitors should not miss high-tea in the Author’s Wing, a meal at one of the eight famous restaurants, taking a class in Thai cooking/culture, or watching the sunset from the Veranda. Wireless internet, business center, meeting rooms, secretarial and concierge services, make for an efficient as well as luxurious experience. A proprietary boat shuttles patrons 5-mins to the sky train as well as sights along the river. A stay at the opulent Mandarin Oriental never disappoints, and has you wanting to come back.
- Swimming pool – outdoor.
- Spa tub.
- Full-service health spa.
- Massage – spa treatment room(s).
- Steam room.
- Concierge desk.
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby.
- Health club.
- Coffee shop or café.
- Room service (24 hours).
- Valet parking.
- Free parking.
- Self parking.
- Limo or Town Car service available.
- Banquet facilities.
- Business center.
- Exhibit space.
- Multiple large conference rooms.
- Event catering.
- Multiple small meeting rooms.
- Audiovisual equipment.
- Cell phone/mobile rental.
- Secretarial services.
- Business services.
- Hair salon.
- Gift shops or newsstand.
- Shopping on site.
- Dry cleaning/laundry service.
- Shoe shine.
- Coffee/tea in lobby.
- Air-conditioned public areas.
- Tennis on site.
- Wedding services.
- Supervised childcare/activities.
- Pets not allowed.
- Check-in time starts at 1 PM.
- Check-out time is Noon.
- Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.