Chaaya Island Dhonveli – Maldives
- Address:K. Kanuoiy Huraa, North Male Atoll, Maldives Islands, Maldives.
- Phone #1860 500 2121.
- Fax:+61 3 5682 1202.
- Hotel Area:North Male Atoll.
- Number of Rooms: 148.
Chaaya Island Dhonveli is a small and beautiful tropical island resort in the Maldives. Chaaya Island Dhonveli offers a stunning holiday destination in the North Male Atoll of Republic of Maldives. Set on a private white sand beach, this Kaafu Atoll hotel is located within walking distance of Dhonveli Beach. Chaaya Island Dhonveli is the perfect destination for the discerning pleasure seeker. The warm waters of the azure sea are an ideal balm that lifts the spirits and calms the soul. Whilst perfect waves make surfing an unforgettable experience, the clear waters allows you to sample the beauty of incredible underwater treasures.
Suites / Bungalows:
Chaaya Island Dhonveli, with a zillion fascinating offerings does not hold back when satisfying your holiday desires. Picturesque accommodation fulfills the many individual preferences. 148 stylish rooms cater to every possible personal taste and are created to perfection with all the tiny detailed creature comforts taken care of. Five types of living spaces with open-air exotic garden-bathrooms, mezzanine beds, interconnected rooms and open-air waterfalls are all part of the preference. The Chaaya Island Dhonveli offers well-appointed rooms, each with a private balcony and uninterrupted views across the ocean, the beach and the sea. Guests will appreciate the seclusion of the hotel’s private beach. All rooms are air-conditioned and have king-sized beds, a stocked mini-bar, satellite-cable TV, telephone, tea/coffee making, closets, writing table and chairs. Additional beds can be provided for family accommodation. Four types of room are available (click the links for pictures and details). All rooms feature fresh hot/cold water. At the Chaaya Island Dhonveli, a generous buffet breakfast is provided every day.
- Garden Bungalows: These two-storey units have a king size bed and balcony up on a mezzanine level, and spacious sitting room with an extra bed (or day bed) downstairs, and a stylish, fully tiled bathroom.
- Beach Bungalows: These are beautifully finished with tropical timbers and textured walls. They feature a king-size bed and an open-air bathroom with shower and tub in a private tropical garden. There’s plenty of space for an extra bed for family holidays.
- Water Bungalows: These are built over the water inside the reef, with views of the waves and the Pasta Point break just a short stroll away. Water Bungalows feature a spa bath and private sun deck.
- Over Water Suites: These are above the lagoon, have a wide outdoor deck with private sun lounges and steps down to the water. The romantic bedroom features king-sized bed, en suite bathroom and personal spa bath. A separate living room features a divan/day bed, TV, and entertainment system.
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary).
- Ceiling fan.
- Air conditioning.
- Direct-dial phone.
- Complimentary bottled water.
- Daily housekeeping.
- Extra towels/bedding.
- Private bathroom.
- Complimentary toiletries.
Restaurant / Dinning:
There is so much to look forward to when holidaying in the mesmerizing Maldives and without a doubt ‘dining options’ features on top of every guest’s list of things to look for. Naturally, when it comes to food and beverage at Chaaya Island Dhonveli, the restaurants and bars serve up a delectable array of international gastronomical delights. It is a family holiday-island accustomed to preparing delicious cuisine to suite every palate, both young and old. The restaurant serves Italian, local and Indian cuisines. Guests can enjoy drinks at the hotel’s bar. A complimentary buffet breakfast is served each morning in the restaurant. Room service (during limited hours) is available.
- Makana Restaurant serves an international buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner. For those who like to try the local foods, and particularly enjoy a curry, the Maldivian dishes are highly recommended.
- Raiyvilaa Bar opens daily from 8am till late at night. It’s the place to enjoy a fancy cocktail on the open deck as the sun sets on another tropical island day.
- Raalhu Bar, overlooking the break at Pasta Point, is the ideal place to watch the action or retreat for a cool beer after a long day in the surf. It’s open from 6am till late at night.
- Koimala Garden Restaurant, Garden Restaurant of Chaaya Island Dhonveli features a wide variety of cuisines from East to West, buffet style, with live cooking stations for breakfast lunch and dinner.
- Rehendhi Restaurant and Bar, Rehendhi offers a fine dining experience at the edge of the lagoon, specializing in a selection of fresh seafood and prime meat.
Spa & Wellness:
Chavana Spa has 4 treatment rooms including rooms for couples. Services include massages, facials, body wraps, and body scrubs. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy. Visitors of this ocean view spa can round out their time of relaxation with a trip to the boutique. he Chavana Spa offers a range of health and beauty treatments – for surfers we especially recommend the Muscle Ease massage. Chavana Spa is perfectly located next to a tranquil, tropical lagoon, providing an atmosphere of total serenity. The spa has its own range of aromatherapy massage oils, to smooth the skin and sooth the senses. Chavana Spa also offers a variety of facial and beauty treatments so you’ll look and feel marvelous at Chaaya Island Dhonveli, the perfect place for a tropical island holiday. Children under 12 years old are not allowed in the spa without adult supervision.
- Indian Head & Shoulder Massage is based on the ancient healing system. Deep thumb and fingure pressure, friction and soothing strokes improve circulation and reduce tension.
- Maldivian Massage is a unique, traditional massage treatment from the soles of the feet to the upper body.
- Traditional Thai Massage employs pressure points and stretching techniques to release tension, increase vitality and restore flexibility.
- Muscle Ease Massage is designed to increase flexibility, relieve muscle tightness and improve circulation and recovery time.
The resort accommodates up to 250 guests, but the number of surfers is limited to just 30. Facilities include a spa, open-air restaurants, three bars (one overlooking Pasta Point), wi-fi internet access, swimming pool, billiards, tennis court, badminton, gym, safe beach for children, and a fully certified PADI Diving School. With a white sand beach and plenty to do for non-surfing partners and children, it’s a great place to relax or to holiday with the family. The resort’s restaurants and bars serve up a delectable array of international cuisine. For the ultimate relaxation, head to the spa located right on the premises. Also available to the guests are a fitness centre and a currency exchange. The hotel’s on-site restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper. Children under 12 years old are not allowed in the swimming pool without adult supervision. The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby.
- Boat launch on site.
- Ecotours on site.
- Fishing on site.
- Kayaking on site.
- Rowing or canoeing on site.
- Scuba diving on site.
- Snorkeling on site.
- Swimming on site.
- Volleyball on site.
- Check-in time starts at noon.
- Check-out time is noon.
- Early departure fee charged.
- Noise-free rooms not guaranteed.
- No pets or service animals allowed.
- There is an airport shuttle that runs from the hotel.
- High-speed Internet is available at this hotel. Wireless internet on site.
- Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.