Anantara Veli Resort & Spa Hotel – Maldives
- Address: K. Veligandu, South Male Atoll, Maldives Islands, Maldives 08190.
- Phone # 1860 500 2121.
- Fax: +960 664 4101.
- Hotel Area: South Male Atoll.
- Number of Rooms: 57.
- Price: $625 USD. (Per Person/Per Night).
- Style: Classic Luxury.
- Built: 2007.
Along a coral-framed island in the South Malé Atoll, it is only a 35-minute speedboat ride from Malé International Airport, yet the white sands, endless blue sky and lush foliage seem a world apart. Just moments away across the waters lies Anantara Veli’s sister resort, the invigorating Anantara Dhigu. Anantara Veli brings you the island paradise of your dreams.
There are two room categories available, which are classified as follows:
- Over-Water Bungalow (62 m²).
- Deluxe Over-Water Bungalow (92 m²).
Over-Water Bungalow: The Over Water Bungalows, on a pristine stretch of tropical paradise, come with hardwood floors and a coconut thatch roof combined with stylish contemporary décor. The private lodging’s sun terrace gives each guest their own space to relax with direct access to the lagoon, and a day bed. Step inside to find a wealth of comfortable accommodation features including flat screen TV and high-speed internet access.
Deluxe Over-Water Bungalow: The Deluxe Over-Water Bungalows offer all the charms of island life coupled with comfortable accommodation. Enjoy a separate dressing area and exclusive outside double sun deck on your private overwater bungalow. Recline on your sun loungers that look out over the glorious turquoise waters of the expansive lagoon. Every bungalow allows direct access to the lagoon, as well as an interior infused with a soft island design aesthetic. In-room facilities in these luxurious bungalows include flat-screen television, mini bar and high-speed internet access ensuring that you have both all the comforts of home and modern accommodation.
- DVD player.
- CD player.
- Complimentary newspaper.
- Ceiling fan.
- Separate bathtub and shower.
- Bathroom scale.
- Hair dryer (on request).
- Extra towels/bedding in room.
- Handheld showerhead.
Anantara Veli Resort and Spa has a full-service spa featuring massage and treatment rooms and beauty services. It offers indigenously inspired, treatments infused with timeless healing and wellness rituals. Be blissfully pampered in the five sumptuous treatment suites at one of the finest resort spas amidst tropical gardens and serene ambience. It is nestled in pristine gardens so you can indulge in treatments that use natural ingredients and their healing properties to enrich, detoxify, polish and rejuvenate. Escape the cares of everyday life with soothing treatments for body and soul at Anantara Spa.
- Dedicated treatment rooms for Ayurvedic and Thai therapies.
- Expansive over water relaxation deck.
- Indoor and outdoor showers.
- Steam room and sauna.
- Jacuzzi and cold plunge pool for relaxation before or after treatments.
Anantara Veli Resort and Spa has a 5 restaurant serving breakfast only. The Anantara Veli Resort & Spa’s restaurant offers a tasty menu with a focus on Thai cuisine. In the evening, guests can relax with a drink in the resort’s bar. Room service is available any time of the day.
- 73 Degrees: Start your day with a sumptuous breakfast buffet overlooking the lagoon. In the evening, feast on lobster, king crabs and fish straight out of the Indian Ocean and cooked just the way you like it.
- Baan Huraa: Inspired Thai cuisine above the gently rolling surf. Try vibrant flavours of lemongrass, galangal and coconut milk curries, paired with a wine selected from the cellar.
- Geckos: Watch the talented Teppanyaki chefs turn Japanese cuisine into a performance or experience innovative Italian fusion cuisine down on the sand.
- Dhoni Bar: Kick back to chill beats and your favourite cocktail at the poolside bar, designed in the spirit of a traditional Maldivian sailboat with views overlooking coral reefs and the open ocean.
- Dining by Design: Your dream location and a menu limited only by your own desires. Kindle romance with a candlelit dinner on powder white sands, an Indian Ocean sunset by the pool, hidden in a private island hideaway or fare tent, sheltered on your own balcony, lounging at a sand table, sunset deck at point break or floating aboard a traditional Maldivian sailing dhoni.
Step outside to unwind on the white sand beach. Spend the day at the beach and work on your tan with sun loungers (chaise longues) or relax in the shade with umbrellas. Pamper yourself with a treatment at the full-service spa and enjoy amenities at Anantara Veli Resort & Spa and a children’s club. At Anantara Veli Resort and Spa recreational amenities include a private beach, tennis courts, and an outdoor pool. The property also provides a full-service health spa, a swim-up bar, and a poolside bar. Anantara Seminyak offers unique expeditions to explore the vibrant tropical nature or spiritual heartland of the island of Bali. Dive into an up-close discovery of Bali’s reefs, full of diverse and unspoiled marine life. Celebrate your romantic vacation with a toast to the sunset over a dramatic sea temple or in a hike in the volcanic hinterlands. When evening rolls in, head to Sunset on Six, a perfect romantic locale for chill vibes, eclectic cocktails or just gazing at the brilliant sunset.
Recreation & Leisure:
- Fully equipped air-conditioned fitness centre.
- Infinity-edge beachfront swimming pool.
- Tennis court.
- Badminton and volleyball courts.
- Yoga & meditation sessions by the ocean.
- Anantara Cooking School with master chefs, specialising in Maldivian, Thai and fusion flavours.
- The water sports centre, Aqua fanatics, offers an extensive equipment selection, from windsurfing and kite surfing to waterskiing and parasailing, with an array of complimentary non-motorised activities.
- Jet skiing and propelling through the water with the handheld Seabob.
- House reef for snorkelling with our resident marine biologist.
- PADI Gold Palm Resort 5* dive centre with a full range of courses and excursions.
- Surf School (ideal surfing from April to October).Unlike other surfing destinations where crowds prevail, the Anantara surf is one of the last places on earth where you can feel as though the waves belong only to you.
- Customised yacht excursions aboard a 27 m, 2-bedroom luxury vessel.
- Deep-sea game or traditional hand-line fishing.
- Sailing excursions and island-hopping adventures on a traditional dhoni, Topcat catamaran, Hobie Bravo or speedboat.
- Scenic seaplane flights.
- Check-in time starts at 2 PM.
- Check-out time is noon.
- Pets not allowed.
- New Year’s Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per adult: USD 373.12.
- Boat transfer per adult: USD 207.90 (roundtrip).
- Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.