Sugar Beach, Mauritius Island
- Address: Bene Skies, Wolmar, Mauritius Island, Mauritius.
- Phone # 1860 500 2121.
Mauritius is the sugar-cane island of the Indian Ocean. Small as Mauritius is, covering only 1,865 sq km (720 sq miles), it is one of the most densely populated places in the world and supports some 1 million people, most of them descendants of Indians brought in to work the sugar plantations after the abolition of slavery. Sugar Beach Resort is a haven of refinement in the purest tradition of old plantation mansions: a majestic manor house and villas of characteristic colonial architecture set in a vast, manicured garden with alleyed walks lined with palm-trees, and the sweet fragrances of tropical shrubs wafting in the air.
The hotel consists of a total of 258 rooms. Guests are welcomed into a lobby with 24-hour reception and check-out service. Facilities include a hotel safe, currency exchange, hairdressing salon, air conditioning, games room, kids’ club, bar, nightclub and restaurant. The hotel also features conference facilities, WLAN Internet access, room and laundry services, a car park and bicycle hire. This magnificent island hotel sparkles with thoughtful details and is the ultimate in Mauritian luxury.
Sugar Beach Hotel offers an unforgettable ambiance of relaxed elegance. Guests have a choice of 16 villas – ten with 12 rooms each and six with 10 rooms each.
- Standard Room(One Double Bed): This room opens to a balcony. Wireless Internet access (surcharge) keeps you connected, and satellite channels are offered for your entertainment. A minibar and a coffee/tea maker are provided. The private bathroom has complimentary toiletries. Conveniences include complimentary bottled water, a safe, and a direct-dial phone.
- Superior Room(Two Queen Beds): Measuring 431 square feet, this room opens to a balcony. Wireless Internet access (surcharge) keeps you connected, and satellite channels are offered for your entertainment. A minibar and a coffee/tea maker are provided. The private bathroom has complimentary toiletries.
- Standard Room – Single: This room opens to a balcony. A minibar and a coffee/tea maker are provided. The private bathroom has complimentary toiletries. Conveniences include complimentary bottled water, a safe, and a direct-dial phone.
- Superior Room – Single: This room opens to a balcony. Wireless Internet access (surcharge) keeps you connected, and satellite channels are offered for your entertainment. A minibar and a coffee/tea maker are provided. Measuring 431 square feet (40 square meters).
- High-speed Internet access.
- Wireless Internet access.
- Complimentary newspaper.
- Blackout drapes/curtains.
- Climate control.
- Direct-dial phone.
- Dial-up Internet access.
- Electronic/magnetic keys.
- Iron/ironing board (on request).
- Satellite television service.
- Cribs/infant beds available.
First class meal will be prepared and served at hotel’s restaurant by a professional chef. The most demanding of gourmets are spoilt for choice between the world’s flavours of Mon Plaisir, the excellent Mediterranean and Italian fare of the refined Citronella’s Café and the seafood delights of Paul et Virginie – not to mention the heady scents and amber nectars of La Rhumerie. Guests can enjoy high quality Mauritian and Mediterranean cuisine as well as flavors from all around the world.
- Mon Plaisir: This buffet restaurant serves breakfast and dinner.
- Tides: This beachfront restaurant specializes in seafood and serves lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
- Citronellas Cafe: Overlooking the ocean, this restaurant serves lunch and dinner.
- Paul et Virginie: This restaurant serves lunch and dinner.
Sports & Entertainment:
- Live resident band and themed entertainment evenings.
- Casino, blackjack, roulette and slot machines are available for Guest.
- Creche for under for under 4’s and Babysitters at extra charge.
7 floodlit tennis courts, with resident professional, Volleyball, petanque, table tennis, mini golf, Swimming pool. Water sports – free activities include water skiing, sailing, pedal boats, kayaks, glass bottom boat, snorkeling, windsurfing and sea ski; With Fees: big game fishing, tube, parasailing and water sleigh, PADI diving school and courses. Sugar Club – Gym, hairdressing salon and beauty centre with variety treatments including massage and steam baths.
- Golfing nearby.
- Boating nearby.
- Hiking/biking trails nearby.
- Mountain biking nearby.
- Bird watching nearby.
- Aerobics on site.
- Basketball on site.
- Bicycle rentals on site.
- Fishing on site.
- Horse riding/rental on site.
- Motor boating on site.
- Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- A copy of the wedding certificate may be required upon reservation.
- Wedding certificate must not exceed 9 months from date of issue at time of travel and may be required at check-in.
- Children under 2 stay for free in existing bedding. Note, cot charges may apply.
- Children aged 2 or over must use an extra bed.