How would you like to accommodate your travel? With a luxury safari or simple holidays accommodations? Whatever you like, South Africa will be the best choice. It is located at southern tip of Africa.
Vast empty spaces, wilderness, glorious beaches, dramatic scenery and the warmest of welcomes are all together became South Africa – the life of Africa I can say. It’s the country where two oceans meet and converge providing a spectacular coastline, much of it rimmed with vast golden beaches enjoying the seductive warmth of the Indian Ocean and the great rollers of the Atlantic. It is also the ideal place to see the greatest creatures of the deep during the whale-watching season and is one of the few places on the planet where you can spy penguins on the sands.
Well there are the sophisticated cities of Cape Town and Johannesburg with their world-class restaurants, cafes, bars and superb galleries and shops. South Africa must be the great place for tourists.
Our Top Picks for you:
- Kruger National Park: Spot the Big Five – Elephant, Lion, Leopard, Rhino and buffalo on guided walks or game drives in South Africa’s greatest national park.
- Robben Island: This historical island is where Nelson Mandela and his comrades were imprisoned during the Apartheid era. Catch a ferry from Cape Town’s V&A Waterfront for a short trip to the island which has been declared a World Heritage Site and a proclaimed nature conservation area. On arrival a former inmate will take you on an insightful tour of the prison grounds.
- Camping and Caravaning: Caravan parks can be found in most towns that are holiday destinations. Most caravan parks also offer camping sites where you can pitch a tent (double check because sometime tents are excluded).The parks generally have central ablution facilities.
- Soweto: Located just south of Johannesburg, Soweto is the largest South African township. Enjoy a local drink at a traditional shebeen and visit the homes where Nelson Mandela and Archbishop Desmond Tutu once lived.
- The Orange River on the border to Namibia is a popular destination for rafting tours. Several tour operators launch 4-6 day trips in blow-up boats from Vioolsdrif with camping under the stars.
- Table Mountain: Experience some of South Africa’s most breathtaking views with a trip up Table Mountain in Cape Town. Take a guided walk on one of the many routes on top of the mountain or simply savor the views.
- The Battlefields: The KwaZulu Natal Battlefields are where some of South Africa’s most historic wars occurred including the gruesome battles between the Boers and Zulus and the British and Zulus.
- The Drakensberg Mountains: The magnificent Drakensberg mountain range in KwaZulu Natal is ideal for nature photography, hiking, fly fishing and simple relaxation. Discover Bushman rock art sites, cascading waterfalls and spectacular views.
- The Garden Route: A 600km stretch of small towns, wineries and farms situated between Cape Town along the coast to the Tsitsikamma Forest. Experience South Africa’s natural beauty and gourmet cuisine enroute.