Central African Republic is at the center of Africa, bordered by Cameroon to the west, Chad to the north, Sudan and South Sudan to the east, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Republic of the Congo to the south.
A warning for all travelers: Traveling is prohibited by some countries to Central African Republic due to unstable political condition and rebelling activities so before deciding your trip, kindly check all present circumstances with you embassy.
By weather, it is tropical. The northern areas are subject to harmattan winds, which are hot, dry, and carry dust. The northern regions have been subject to desertification, and the northeast is desert. The remainder of the country is prone to flooding from nearby rivers.
The country has important mineral deposits and great natural resources, yet precious little of the wealth generated seeps down to the population.
Facts about Central African Republic
- Time: GMT/UTC +1
- Population: 4.3 million
- Borders: Cameroon, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Sudan, Chad
- Telephone: Country code 236; international access code 00
- Budget: US$15 to US$50 per day
- Capital: Bangui
- Visa: US$65 for 30 days; required by most and must be obtained in advance
- Languages: French (official) plus Sango (national), Arabic and tribal languages
- Area: 624, 980 sq km
- Money: Central African franc (CFA); US$1 = CFA498