Botswana is a country located in Southern Africa, bordered by South Africa, Namibia and Zimbabwe. The country enjoys a high standard of economic stability, education and health care is incomparable elsewhere in sub-Saharan Africa except South Africa.
Botswana experiences extremes in both temperature and weather. In the winter (late May through August), days are normally clear, warm and sunny, and nights are cool to cold. In summer (October to April), wildlife is harder to spot and rains can render sandy roads impassable.
You can visit these places in Botswana
- Chobe National Park
- Kasane & Kazungula
- Makgadikgadi & Nxai Pans National Park
- Northern Botswana
Facts about Botswana
- Time: GMT/UTC +2
- Population: 1.63 million
- Borders: South Africa, Namibia, Zambia, Zimbabwe (all overland crossings)
- Seasons: Wet (November to March); dry (May to August)
- Telephone: Country code 267; international access 00
- Capital: Gaborone
- Visa: None required for citizens of Australia, New Zealand, France, Germany, the UK, Ireland, Canada or the USA
- Area: 582, 000 sq km
- Language: English, Setswana
- Money: Pula (P); US$1 = 6.4P
Botswana is full of surprises, and has amazing adventurous packages as it offer extreme recreation. The immense horizons of the Kalahari can be experienced on a quad-bike, and the countless elephant herds of the north can be observed from a Chobe river houseboat.